Post by clutchcargo on Apr 25, 2020 10:53:44 GMT -6
Hi there... I was recommended to check out this forum from the Alpha India Group forums. Glad I did as I had no idea there is a place dedicated to retro AI! My interest lies with AI in the 90's (and even 80's), as my favorite airport of all time is Kai Tak. Liked it so much I even created the airport back in FS2004 days. Maybe some of you old timers may remember 9Dragons Kai Tak? Had over 100,000 downloads. So I would like t rebuild a fleet for the 90's so I can plane spot there again. Using P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 have a few questions if anyone wants to chime in:
1. Best way to grab retro models is...? Is it piece by piece here? AVSIM? Any packages available?
2. Went to the screenshot forum but see very few actual screenshots? Are they removed? I am registered here if that makes a difference.
3. Read the in-depth post here talking about getting set up with P3Dv4 models. Really superb. The author mentions using Model ConverterX to convert models simply by saving them as P3D models? Really? That easy? From my research it is quite an in depth process. Am I wrong? Maybe having found this site I won't need to convert after all.
4. Are the models here compatible with AIM or is unique for installing in general?
5. Read up on the AI reborn for lights and looks interesting yet I have been unable to find any screenshots actually showing the landing lights. Not in any of their promotions or videos? I want bright! Anybody have a link or image or experience on how bright their landing lights are.
6. In relation to the above, anyone have a good halo.bmp they are using to recommend before I go the reborn route? The default is not so good for landing.
Whew! Got that off my chest. Now being indoors so much these days hope to drop in here from time to time. Thx for reading.